Be Boring – Be Successful

consistency

What makes a successful healthcare company? Consistency
50% of businesses fail in the first 2 years and 90% fail within 5 years. So, if you were to analyse the remaining 10% of companies  (not some haphazard business that takes money from peter to give to paul) you would find the common trait of consistency. Being boring or consistent in business is just as important as having that initial drive and hunger to get your clinic off the ground. I get people asking me what do I think of this marketing technique or the latest craze?  I generally reply with the following… are you doing the simple things right? Now you may be asking what are the simple things, well here are five simple tasks you should be doing consistently over and over again in your business no matter how long you’ve been in business.

  1. Building your database: Are you still getting everyone’s contact details that make an enquiry to your clinic? They may not be a client but you can still advertise directly to them via email or SMS.
  2. Working your database: It doesn’t matter if you have a database of 50 or 5000, you still should be working it regularly. Monthly newsletter, follow up emails post appointment, follow up phone calls and social media posts.
  3. Networking: Once you have regular numbers and you’re at 70% capacity you should not stop networking, in fact you should never stop networking. This does not have to be formal, you can visit local business with some cards, meet a potential referral partner for coffee or ask your clients for more referrals. Do this monthly if not weekly!
  4. Review your business plan: What business plan you may say? This is the most important document in the business, otherwise you’re just floating along without any direction similar to my wife giving directions using her intuition. Trust me you need to do a plan otherwise you end up in the middle of nowhere or out of business.
  5. Do what you say: I can’t emphasise this one enough, you advise someone “I’ll send you those documents later today”, there’s nothing worse than a client having to chase up those documents. That’s a small example but if you say you’re going to do something – DO IT. Otherwise don’t take it on as it makes you look incompetent if you don’t do as you say.

Doing any of the above tasks will help your business, if you find them too boring then hire someone who can do it for you. To find out how PracticeNav can help design your business plan take our Online Audit which gives you instant results. This can help build consistency within your business procedures. Contact PracticeNav via email info@practicenav.com or take our Free business audit to find how we can help.

Colin Phillips
Business Consultant
PracticeNav

 

2 comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s